This site accesses and displays high-quality photographs that can be used for publication and presentation. As such only pictures that meet certain Quality Standards are included.
The pictures should be of such a quality that they would be considered for publishcation in a magazine article or brochure about the trail.
- Pictures should be of, about, or taken from a bicycle trail .
- Pictures should have good composition
- Pictures should have proper color balance and tone
- Pictures should be high-quality jpegs, pngs or some other standard recognized by most browsers and photo processing software, with a minimum of 768 pixels wide or high
- Pictures should have model releases for all identifiable individuals or have been taken in a sufficiently public place so that model releases are not an issue.
See https://pictures.shaw-weil.com/privacy/ for more details.
- Bikers actually riding bikes must be wearing helmets, unless there is an extraordinary reason for an exception
- Skaters actually skating must be wearing a helmet and protective gear unless there is an extraordinary reason for an exception
- The picture’s copyright holder must agree to the submission and either accept one of the standard releases or provide an acceptable alternative.
To be considered for entry into the database the following information must be entered on the submission form along with the uploaded graphics file.
- The name of the trail on which the picture is taken
- A brief location descriptor, preferably including a nearby trailhead.
- Photographer’s name
- The copyright holder if not the photographer
- The date the photo was taken. Will be extracted from the photo if available
- The names of any identifiable people in the photograph if not taken in a public place and a signed photo release
- Three or more keywords that describe items visible in the photograph. Typically these should be selected from the existing list of keywords, although more may be created